Monday, April 24, 2006

New header

I spent most of today and the evening designing a new header for the site. You can see the result just above this text.

I had been browsing around, looking for inspiration when I came across Cameron Moll's blog. I was inspired by his clean and neat designs as well as that fan-favourite 'worn' look. After checking out his excellent tutorial, I decided to give it a go myself.

I'll explain the meaning of the various objects (L-R):

  • On the left is the title header. Self-explanatory, and also a subtle hint as to my medical disposition.
  • Underneath the two bits of card is an old postcard showing the Scott Monument in Edinburgh. My trip to Edinburgh and Europe was profoundly memorable, and I learnt a lot about myself on the trip.
  • Coffee beans. I love coffee and probably drink too much - hence the coffee stains and coffee beans. My favourite drop is a caffè macchiato.
  • Australian stamp. I'm Australian.
  • Arsenal pin. I'm an Arsenal supporter.
I'm quite pleased with the outcome of my efforts! (Although I should be studying for my Emergency Medicine test tomorrow!)
Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home