Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Holidays!

The last exam was on Monday, and today is Wednesday, so as you can see, blogging has not been up there on my list of priorities. The exam paper was not all that difficult, and as advertised, contained questions that tested the knowledge we as medical students had gained on the ward. It was the one assessment that effectively tested attendance.

The questions were also a little different to normal. The exam was broken up into two; withh the first section being 'modified essay questions' (aka short answer) and the second aprt being 'extended matching questions' (aka multiple choice, but with 8 choices!). So the exam was MEQ and EMQ. Confusing?

The first bit was timed per question. This meant that we only got a certain amount of time to work on the question and then had to turn over when the exam supervisor gave the signal. In the end, it was pretty boring because most of us answered the question with a lot of time to spare, so there was a fair bit of sitting around and doing nothing. The supervisor did this funny thing where he would deliberately hit the mic about 10 seconds before he said to stop writing - a kind of warning. Heh.

Anyway, the questions were in the form of cases, in which more and more info was given. So as you worked through the question, it was more and more obvious what the diagnosis was, and you could see when you had made an error in the previous part (with no opportunity to go back and make the change).

The second part of the exam was nowhere as nice - 8 choices per question! I left early anyway, with about an hour to go. I wasn't going to sit around waiting with the holidays beckoning!

Anyway, I'm on holiday now and its a bit of a strange, familiar feeling. Something I haven't had for a very long time. I'm actually going to sleep and not worrying what I need to do the next day!

I also got my car yesterday! I don't have any pics because the camera is busted. But you can see what it's supposed to look like by seeing the previous entries.

Anyway, back to enjoying my doing nothing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home