Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Get in there!

Arsenal have qualified for this season's Champions League final, and I'm still in a state of shock. I actually stayed up to 2.45am (Perth time) to watch the game - and therefore I'm still in a state of drowsy stupor. ;)

It was not the best Arsenal performance that you will ever see, but we did enough to keep Villarreal out - both with hard work and a lot of luck. Arsenal were completely smothered for most of the game, I think we only managed one shot on goal for the entire game!

It was a nerve-wracking experience, sitting there in the dark, willing your team on with the result still up for grabs as long it stayed goalless.

And then Arsenal conceded a penalty.

Up stepped Riquelme, the Villarreal superstar. To face him was Jens Lehmann, the crazy German Arsenal goalkeeper.

They eyed each other up.

Riquelme struck the ball to Lehmann's left...

And then Lehmann saved the penalty! And sent Arsenal to the Champions League final in Paris!

To quote Arsenal's left back Gael Clichy:
If you were to ask me who my favourite player in the world is right now, I would have to say Jens Lehmann.
Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home