Sunday, August 15, 2004

My last 10 days part 1

10 days ago was the 5th of August. Jeez a lot has happened since then.

Thursday 5th August:
I had planned to tape 'Dancer in the Dark', you know, that movie with Bjork in it. Something to do with a prison and lots of song and dance or something like that. She's apparently never going to make another movie again. I can't say whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, because I didn't see that movie.

I ended up doing a lot of study instead. I think I ended up learning about glomerulonephritis.

Friday 6th August:

Twas an interesting day. Me, Sa and Dino came in early and interviewed a patient who had bipolar disorder. That was interesting and to the point - she was able to give a really good history, which is a real plus in Psych. Then we finished off that PBL on Somatoform disorders with Dr Armstrong (aka Headstrong Armstrong) - he came late at 9.30, so we had ample time to talk to that patient.

Following that, we talked to Steve, and I presented the case we had seen that morning. Steve absolutely hammered me. Which was good, becsause I realised where my deficiencies were. Although he did say I would have gotten a 'B' on the history. Which I was rather pleased with. The mental state and formulation were rather more messy. And he didn't bother commenting on that! Although he did give some tips - eg 'pt was well conversed with medical terminology and knew the names of their medications and the doses, etc.'

Anyway, after that we had to trek down to Fremantle for the meeting with Wendy, who discussed the progress of our research project. That was interesting as we had done next to nothing whilst at the same time having to hand the completed project in by the 15th of Sept, or something.

After that we got on with the important business at hand - the interyear soccer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home