Monday, February 28, 2005

Role-playing

Had an interesting experience role-playing the GP today. Each Monday, we've (the med students) have taken it in turns role-playing the GP whilst an actor comes in and pretends to have a condition commonly seen. The idea is that we get experience in consulting and managing common problems in General Practice.

So I did mine today, and my patient was terrible. Stupid bloody somatisation woman and she never listened to a word I said. It's pretty annoying when you explain to someone that there is no possible way that stomach and leg pain are related, yet they keep insisting its true. And nothing can convince them otherwise.

It was a total nightmare!

Anyway, I need to get back to the books. I have no idea about how to treat someone with Meniere's disease. Also need to get good at taking a thorough history again, after losing all my skills in the GP surgery. Have to learn the dosing instructions for Stematil too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home