Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Geriatrics

In Geriatrics (aka 'Geris') things move, well, predictably, you know, slow. This is a total and complete change from what I've been doing so far in Med, Surg and Psych.

Geris is at Freo for me, so that means (without my car) I have a 1 hour 30 min bus/train/train/bus ride to get to Freo Hospital. So I got up at 7am on the first day, and was out of the house by 7.30 to get to Freo by 9am.

Only for the consultant to not turn up. Apparently one of them has 'done his neck in' and the other one is on holiday. So Dr Wilcox gave us the tute. She's tall. About my height (I'm 180cm). But she walks funny. She clomps. She also has a soothing voice (mmm).

Anyway, we didn't do anything after that until 11.30, when we had an x-ray tute. If you could call it that. We spent 10 mins looking at X-rays of fractured hips. Then we went home.

Tuesday was similarly slack, except for the 3 hours ward round in the morning. Dr Milly Wong then gave us more info about the OSCE, which was helpful. Then we were done.

Today (Wednesday) was so slack I didn't leave the house, except to go the GAT room to do some Option 490, and play soccer. We have this wicked goalkeeper called Ray. He's a champ. We lost 2-1 - Jakub scored. Both me and Rob hit the post.

I plan to go in tomorrow, and talk to my patient. I need to get as much examination practice in as possible so I don't fail my OSCE. I also plan to do some IPS study (ha!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home