Thursday, November 16, 2006

The dreaded phone call

Today was D-Day. The day that you would receive a scary phone call if you had not passed your final exams. The day that everybody had been dreading since we finished our exams last Friday. On a day such as this, my cunning strategy is to sleep in for as long as possible so that if I suddenly woke up at 3pm, and nothing had happened, all would be well - and I wouldn't have gotten stressed out at all.

But today I only slept in until 11am.

At 11.50am, the downstairs phone rang. I ran to pick it up, but I didn't get there in time and it diverted to the answering machine. The voice was scary. I said my name, and asked him to call him back. You can imagine my immediate thought: I HAVE FAILED MY EXAM.

FUCK!

Frantically, I attempted to call him back numerous times. In those ten minutes, visions of cancelling my holiday flashed through my head. I would have to re-sit the exam. I would not be able to be sworn as a doctor with the rest of my friends tomorrow at the ceremony. I would be pitied by everyone and be totally embarrassed for my family. It was the end of the world.

Finally I managed to get through.

"So sorry, there was a mistake. You're fine. You passed. Sorry to cause you any consternation."

Jeez! You think they could have been a bit more organised! They're messing with people's lives here!

On the flip side though, I'm a doctor. Congratulate me!

Tags:

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

Congrants!
LOL.It's so enjoyable to read it!I was kinda sad at first and kinda nervous.But it was ok at least:P.Is it a comedy?lol.The stupid mistake sucks!if i were u,i would be drived crazy.haha.i'm always very nervous after exams(b4 i got the result).
Cheers,Jinn!

11/16/2006 10:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home